After more than a year spent largely inside because of the COVID-19 outbreak, travelers have a thirst for the outdoors.
They want adventures. They want experiences. They want a chance for discoveries. They are drawn to open spaces where the pace of life slows.
Munising checks every box.
There are amazing encounters with Lake Superior. There are remarkable arrays of red, orange, green and blue displayed in the sandstone cliffs of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The park’s 100 miles of hiking trails and 42 miles of coastline along Superior offer days of action and relaxation. There are waterfalls with access from roadside stops with boardwalks and accessible paths or challenging treks through scenic hardwoods.
Take to the water for a silent paddle, a day at the beach or a tranquil tour that highlights shipwrecks and the natural features of the Upper Peninsula, which has roughly 33 percent of Michigan’s land mass but only 3 percent of its population.
Need some adrenaline coursing through your veins? Hop on a decommissioned Navy Seal jetboat and get the sights and sounds between high-speeds, blasts into sharp turns and 360-degree spins that delight howling riders. Or maybe mountain biking or ATV riding is your thing? There are miles of trails in the Hiawatha National Forest.
If the goal is to decompress with cold drinks and fresh food, Munising’s craft beer, creative cocktails and farm-to-table food hits the spot.
Munising has no shortage of options for whatever is desired in your summer 2021 vacation.
And it can all be done safely.
Munising’s hotels, motels, resorts and cabins are maintaining a commitment to going above and beyond recommended safety guidelines and sanitation procedures. As a community, Munising providers are being proactive and creative to focus on the health of guests and staff.
Among the procedures at many lodging locations are:
- Enhanced cleaning of guest rooms.
- Use of a disinfectant fog throughout the property and in every room.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch areas/surfaces with an approved disinfectant.
- No cleaning of stayovers.
- Single-use coffee pods and cups in rooms.
- Contactless checkout.
- Hand sanitizer stations installed throughout the properties.
- Social distancing cues in lobbies.
- Employees will be masked.
- Plexiglass at the check-in points.
- Employees will be screened daily upon arriving for work and have their temperature taken.
- All employees are receiving additional training in disinfection and disease prevention.
Munising, welcoming in all seasons for all guests, is open, ready and safe for your 2021 summer vacation.