Grand Island Harbor Rear Range Lighthouse
Established in 1867, the Grand Island Harbor Range lights, also known as the “Bay Furnace Lights,” are made up of two lights. The front light is located along the waters edge. There is a hiking trail that leads to this light for easy viewing.
The rear light is 50 yards off of M-28 (on the land side). The Hiawatha National Forest offers periodic free tours of the rear light during the summer months. (As it is dependent on staffing, there are no definite days and times from year to year.) For more information, contact the Munising Ranger District Center, 400 E. Munising Ave. or call 906-387-2512.
Both lights are now inactive.