Grand Island North Light (pictured above and also known as the Old North Lighthouse) was established in 1867. A two-story brick building that stands on a 175′ cliff on the north end of Grand Island. This lighthouse is best viewed by boat. It is currently privately-owned and was beautifully restored by the current owners. The property and lighthouse are closed to the public.